Please note you can start and stop the study at any time.
Some students have been given 8 hours of non-precepted clinical credit or volunteer hours for participation by their institution. If you are interested, contact me directly and we can explore this option with your instructor or department chair.
You must be 18 years of age and either a nursing student OR a registered nurse to participate.
If you are a registered nurse and participate fully in the study, you can receive up to 2 CEUs for no charge.
You do not have to consent to the study to receive credit or CEUs; all that is required is participation – if you choose to not consent, no data will be collected.
Link to IRB approved informed consent
Approximate timing for study:
Once you begin the study, you can stop and save your survey responses and watch the video at any time and come back to them later.
Pretesting: complete the demographic survey, pre study questionnaire and pre study knowledge test within one week of beginning.
Demographics survey: 10 minutes
SAQ 1: 10-15 minutes
SAM-R 1: 1-2 hours
VIDEO: 1-2 hours – watch within one week of pretesting
Evaluation of educational materials: 10 minutes
SAQ 2: 10-15 minutes – begin and complete SAQ 2 & SAM-R 2 within one week of watching video
SAM-R 2 1: 1-2 hours
30 day wait time between finishing SAM-R 2 and taking SAQ 3
30 day post-test
SAQ 3: 10-15 minutes –begin and complete SAQ 3 & SAM-R 3 within one week of starting.
SAM-R 3: 1-2 hours
ABOUT SAFETY FIRST NURSING
Owner Kristi Sanborn Miller RN, MSN, CPPS, HNB-BC is “the Patient Safety Specialist”. She is a board certified professional in patient safety, and a published author. She has over 10 years of experience in nursing, and 20 years of experience in education. She is currently working on her doctorate in nursing at East Tennessee State University, studying the effect of Root Cause Analysis on safe medication administration. She is a mother of 4 and loves being in the woods of Western North Carolina, when she’s not obsessing over patient safety research.
- Safety Side-Note: Questions about Big Pharma in the Vet World
- Healing from Trauma with Star Wars: EMDR in Action
- Healing from Trauma: Tapping/EFT with Rachel Durchslag
- Confessions of a Bully: Incivility Safety Lessons
- Bed Bug Safety Rules
- Vigorous Hula Hooping: More Teen Stories of Dixie Drug Culture
- Stayin’ Alive: A Teenager’s Tools for Surviving in Dixie’s Drug Culture
- Three things you need to do to keep your nursing license safe: An interview with Lorie Brown, RN, MN, JD.
- Rose is learning English ~ Update on Safety First Nursing in Haiti
- Root Cause Analysis: The One Tool You Need to Improve Patient Safety
CONTACT SAFETY FIRST
828.230.2032 • Click to Email
13 Hyannis Dr. • Asheville, NC 28804